Electric Discharge Machining
For machine tools of this type, dimensions of materials to be processed can not be greater than 750*500 mm, height 400 mm, wire angle 55 degrees. Weight up to 500 kg. But surface finish after EDM is up to Ra=0.32, precision up to 0.002 mm.
Machine «Roboform» provides EDM by a volume electrode.
Dimensions of the material 300*250 mm, height 250 mm. Precision 0.001 mm, finish Ra 0.63.
Electric discharge machining of metals is done by removing pieces of material from the surface by electric discharge. When electrodes are close, sunk in a liquid dielectric, tension between them increases, and an electric discharge occurs.
Advantages of electric discharge machining
- Hard materials can be used
EDM methods are invaluable when working with hard or hard-to-process materials (hardened steel, chrome, titan, etc.) Key required property of the material is its high electric conductivity.
- Cost-effectiveness of the method
EDM of hard materials is cheaper than mechanical methods. When using mechanical methods, tool wear accounts for about a half of the technical cost. The main tool for EDM is wire which is much cheaper than mechanical tools.
- Complicated forms can be processed
EDM is used to make stamps, press forms, matrices as well as to process shaped cavities and holes in parts, and to make parts with complex geometric contour of various configurations.
NZHK-Instrument has three EDM-wire machine-tools «Sodick» and «Robofil». We work only on the modern, high-capacity machine tools. Our equipment allows us to process multi-layered materials that is important in some cases.
- «Sodick». For machine tools of this group, dimensions of the processed parts cannot exceed 750*500 mm, height up to 400 mm, wire angle 55 degrees. Weight up to 500 kg. Surface finish quality up to Ra=0.32, precision up to 0.002 mm.
- «Robofil». It is a machine tool for EDM by a volume electrode. Dimensions of parts 300*250 mm, height 250 mm. Precision 0.001 mm, surface finish Ra 0.63.